Professional Service Design Engineer
Service Delivery is a collection of engineering practices to ensure that deployed systems are designed and built to balance risks and costs to ensure an optimal customer experience.
This self-paced online course introduces the terminology, foundational principles and practices of Service Delivery. This course includes:
- 16 hours of video lectures
- 3 attempts to write the exam
- The Professional Service Design Engineer (PFDE) Certificate
Available from August 2022
Today’s digital deployments are often large and complex, with business services dependent on dynamic environments. Customers expect solutions which support their business objectives and it requires professional engineering skills to ensure that risks and costs are balanced against available funding. The Professional Service Design Engineer (PSDE) Certification provides assurance on the key skills to successfully and professionally navigate challenges in this space.
The Professional Service Design Engineer Certification
Service Design focuses on designing and deploying services that meet customer needs. This self-paced online course introduces the terminology, foundational principles and practices of Service Design:
- Ensuring that services are available, when needed (availability and reliability)
- Ensuing that services perform, as needed (Capacity and performance)
- Ensuring that information is protected (Information security)
- Ensuing that the service is designed to meet recovery objectives (continuity)Implementing a monitoring system that measures customers experience (monitoring and XLA)
- Keeping track of costs and risks to ensure a commercially viable service.
This course culminates in an online exam which earns you the Professional Service Design Engineer (PSDE) Certification.
This course is intended for anyone who has a responsibility for Designing, Building and Deploying IT systems for customers, for example:
- System Engineers
- Software Developers
- DevOps Engineers
- Solution Architects
- Product Engineers
Once you have completed all the lectures and exercises, you will be given an opportunity to complete a fast-paced exam to test your knowledge:
- 60 multiple-choice questions chosen at random from a bank of questions
- 60 minutes
- A score of 54/60 (90%) is required to pass the exam
- This is an open-book exam and you may reference your notes
- No invigilator is required
Once you have successfully completed and passed the exam, you will automatically receive:
- The Professional Service Design Engineer (PSDE) Certificate (PDF download)
- The Professional Service Design Engineer Digital Badge for use on Social Media