This self-paced, online course explores the principles and practices of Incident Management. It is designed as role-based training for a prospective or existing Incident Manager.
This course is aimed at enterprise IT Managers who are responsible for Incident Management activities within their team or department :
- Service Desk Managers
- Incident Managers
- Problem Managers
- Technical Domain Managers (ie. Networks, Database, Servers)
- Service Delivery Managers
- Service Support Managers
While many organisations have appointed a dedicated Incident Manager, many of the Incident Manager responsibilities are still shared by managers in each technical domain.
The Certified Incident Manager
The course will equip you with the practical advice to improve your customers experience. Your knowledge will be tested by means of an online exam which earns you the Certified Incident Manager certificate.
Once you have completed all the modules, you will be given an opportunity to complete an exam to test your knowledge:
- 10 scenario-based questions chosen at random from a bank of single-choice questions.
- 60 minutes.
- You may attempt the exam as many times as you wish without incurring additional exam fees.
- A score of 9/10 (90%) is required to pass the exam.
- This is an open-book exam and you may reference your notes.
- No invigilator is required.
Once you have successfully completed and passed the exam, you will automatically receive:
- A digital certificate to confirm your status as Certified Incident Manager.
- Identify the symptoms and causes of a dysfunctional Incident Management process
- Understand the principles and practices of Incident Management
- Understand the additional practices required for handling a Major Incident